The Department of Music presents the UMBC Camerata under the direction of Stephen Caracciolo. The Camerata is a select chamber choir of 35-45 singers that performs great choral literature in a variety of styles, from Renaissance motets to avant-garde contemporary works.
The Camerata will perform a program entitled “Choruses and Carols” featuring:
- Let Thy Hand be Strengthened by G.F. Handel
- Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras, A German Requiem by Johannes Brahms
- Brindisi, La Traviata by Giuseppi Verdi
- The Promise of Living, The Tenderland by Aaron Copland
- Make Our Garden Grow, Candide by Leonard Bernstein
- Wayfaring Stranger arr. by Stephen Caracciolo
- Crossin’ Ovah by Richard Jackson
- Carol of the Bells by Mykola Leontovych
- Hush, My Dear Lie Still and Slumber by Stephen Caracciolo
- Wassail Song arr. by Vaughn Williams
- Angels We Have Heard on High arr. by Alice Parker
The Department of Music presents the Opera Workshop under the direction of Joseph Regan. The Opera Workshop is a course designed for 8 – 15 advanced vocalists, and offers students the opportunity to study stage acting, movement and character development within the sphere of musical performance.
Admission is free.
Open Year Round: