The Ruckus new music ensemble opens UMBC’s annual new music festival — Livewire 10: Rewind / Fast Forward — with a program of music featuring:
- Feuilles à travers les cloches (1999) by Tristan Murail
- Dust Encapsulated #2 (2009) by Rune Glerup
- Toward (2012) by Mischa Salkind-Pearl
- Thème et variations (1932) by Olivier Messiaen
- torsion (2009) by Katharina Rosenberger
- Palindromes (1988) by Ben Johnston
- De Laguna (1991) by Mercedes Otero
- e,nm (2004, written for Ruckus) by Thomas DeLio
$15 general admission, $10 seniors, $5 students, free for UMBC music majors and music faculty/staff, available online or at the box office one hour prior to the performance.
Plan your visit
UMBC is located about 10 minutes south of the Inner Harbor along I-95. For this event, free visitor parking is available in Lot 8, directly adjacent to the Performing Arts and Humanities Building, where Linehan Concert Hall is located — please visit here for additional information.
Major funding for this program was provided by the Center for Innovation, Research and Creativity in the Arts (CIRCA).
Start Date: Thursday, October 24, 2019
Start Time: 7:30 pm
Department Represented: Livewire 10: Rewind / Fast Forward
Venue Name: Earl and Darielle Linehan Concert Hall
Open Year Round: