The Livewire 3 Music Festival presents a performance by Tom Goldstein. A freelance percussionist for over twenty years in New York, Tom Goldstein (associate professor of Music at UMBC) has performed extensively with the Orchestra of St. Lukes and the Brooklyn Philharmonic. Especially active in contemporary music, he has premiered dozens of solo and chamber works, many written expressly for him. From 1980-1990 he served as Artistic Director of the new-music group GAGEEGO. Mr. Goldstein has toured with Steve Reich, played with Pauline Oliveros and the ensemble Continuum. He has published articles in Perspectives of New Music, Percussive Notes, and for Mellen Press. He currently performs and records with the Hoffmann/Goldstein Duo (piano/percussion), the new music ensemble Ruckus, and the klezmer band Verklempt. He has recorded on the Neuma, Vanguard, Polydor, Opus 1, O.O. Discs, CD Tech, Capstone, Innova and CRI labels.
Goldstein’s program, Evening Drums, will feature percussionists Wendy Salkind, Michelle Purdy, Will Redman and Rob Wolk:
- Right Left Left Right (2000) by Rachel Goldstein, (world premiere)
- He’s Lost His Marbles (2001) by Tom Goldstein
- Quo (2001) by Tom Goldstein
- Read Your Assoff (1990) by Tom Pierson
- Genderang Senja (Evening Drums) (1990) by Ben Pasaribu
- Miss Fur and Miss Skeene (2010) by Gertrude Stein/Linda Dusman
- Evergreen (2005) by Tom Goldstein
$7 general admission, $3 seniors, free for students, free with a UMBC ID. To order tickets in advance, order online through MissionTix.
Open Year Round: