Thursday, April 16 | 8:00 p.m.
Debussy and Beyond: Contemporary Chamber Music
Lisa Cella, flute, Mark Menzies, violin and viola, and Jaqueline Pollauf, harp
Concert Hall, Performing Arts & Humanities Building
UMBC’s Lisa Cella (flute) and Jaqueline Pollauf (harp) are joined by Mark Menzies (violin and viola) in a program featuring three major works:
• Sonata for Flute, Viola, and Harp by Claude Debussy
• And then I knew ’twas Wind by Toru Takemitsu
• The Garden of Joys and Sorrows by Sofia Gubaidulina
• Arlia for flute and violin by Daniele Venturi (world premiere)
• Flutter for piccolo and violin by Mark Menzies (world premiere)
$15 general admission
Tickets are available online at MissionTix.
Admission is free with a UMBC ID (tickets available at the door).
Open Year Round: